What is an Easy SMS Campaign?
Sending a series of automated text messages to your contacts by creating a simple SMS, or text message, campaign.
Why? Use Cases?
- Encourage new strategies or behaviors through short, habit-forming reminders or challenge messages.
- You want to congratulate a group of contacts for achievements when completing tasks.
- You need to send quick reminders to a segment of contacts -aka groups- about specific tasks they need to complete.
- You want a strategy to create an immediacy and feeling of close-contact with your group through consistent check-ins and encouragement.
- You need an easy, simple way to send steps to success or steps to completion of new hire paperwork/onboarding.
- Remember you are sending a text message. Consider that you would not enjoy reading a long extended dance version of a message. Keep your messages to smaller, more informal pieces of content.
- When you create your first text message trigger within an SMS campaign, it's easy to simply duplicate the SMS (text message) trigger, and update the subject for each, and edit the content. (see video demo below)
You can send one message at a time to a group. OR, you can also set up a series of messages, or “campaign” that contains a planned, incremental “drip” of messages and information. Think of the campaign as a folder containing the triggers or controls over when these announcements will go out and keeping your content organized.
If you haven't set up a campaign before, checkout Campaign Setup information. Basic setup activities can be found on this page: Campaigns
Setting Up Your Text Messaging Triggers
This video shows triggers setup within a campaign of the following scenario. Suppose you are a career coach and you have create a 7-day (or one week) program for clients to encourage them to take a giant leap forward in their life by taking some initial action steps. Maybe it's a career change, or they desire to make a shift within their current career. You plan to send 1 message, each day for 7 days that gives them small actionable steps to move forward in their career change.... follow along, and setup your own SMS triggers! (Note: This video assumes basic campaign setup is completed.)