Adding Content and Lessons
In this section you will learn how to "scaffold" your learning program by adding content:
- How to add messaging or lessons to your course.
- Scheduling content.
- Other types of course enhancements you can include.
How do I add content to my course?
The video below (Part 2) goes over the steps to adding content to a course/campaign.
Basically, you follow these steps:
- Drag content type to the content builder
- Schedule delivery and name the lesson (when applicable)
- Adjust the content message or lesson items
- Set alerts as necessary
- Release the scheduled content
Adding a Lesson.
Show available content by clicking on content to toggle arrow to display your content possibilities. Lessons is first on the list, so we'll start there.
Assuming you have built your lessons for this campaign, click and drag lesson the the content stage. At this point the lesson "card" is marked as an incomplete draft:
click anywhere on the card to get into the content scheduling (left) and lesson details (right) zone
On the left panel you can:
- Name. Name your lesson - this is a name your audience will see in their portal list
- Timing. Choose when lesson content should be released to learners: immediately, or as dripped content, or select a specific date
- Order. Select the order in which it should appear (particularly if there will be more than one lesson at this date/time)
- Determine if the lesson needs to expire (just leave this alone if there is no expiration)
- AND you can even apply this lesson to only certain contacts if they meet certain conditions. Use this sparingly because it limits who will see this lesson.
On the right side (lesson components and alerts) you can:
- Select/Change/Edit your lesson and lesson items within it
- Select an image (banner image) related to this lesson, upload your own or grab one from the gallery
- Set your alerts and messages to let your audience know they have content they can engage with. You can use text messaging, email, or both! (alert types shown below)
Timing When Lesson Content is Available to Learners
You need to schedule when content included in lessons, text messages, or email messages goes out to participants. When you add lessons to the content stage, and set the TIMING. You are determining WHEN this content will be released to learners. Will this piece of content be available immediately when they enter their portal, or will it be released slowly over time? Learn more about content scheduling >>
Other Options Under "Content"
Other options include:
- adding or removing people to/from any campaign once they have matched certain conditions or met certain criteria (such as completing the course) for sequencing*
- sending a text message
- sending an email
- sending a dynamic screenshot of a URL - great for sharing dashboard stats!
- connecting this campaign to other applications you may have in place using a webhook
- adding/removing "tags" for contacts in the campaign
Add to Campaign for *Sequencing Learning Programs
There are essentially 2 methods for sequencing learning programs. 1) Creating an "arbiter" course with Add to Campaign content items where conditions are set to listen for course completion before adding people to another course, or 2) Including "Add to Campaign" content items as a final content item with conditions set to trigger once the learner has completed the final lesson.
Using a Campaign as an "Arbiter" or "Umbrella" campaign for adding people to the next course in a sequence is a powerful way to create learning programs. By using the "Add to Campaign" feature, you have the ability to add people to other campaigns when they match certain conditions.
Scenario: Say you have a training program which begins with a welcome course, and two additional follow-up training courses built for onboarding or training sales reps. Creating an "arbiter" campaign - you could include 2 "Add to Campaign" items - containing conditions that listen for when the learner (rep) has completed the welcome course - adds them to a Level 1 training course in the sequence, and again after completing Level 1, the "Add to Campaign" item includes conditions that "listens" for completion of the Level 1 course - which adds them to the next course in the sequence.
Another method is to include an "Add to Campaign" item, as the final item, after all of your lessons in the welcome course - where the conditions set listen for completion of the final lesson, and adds them to the next course/campaign in the sequence.
What is a Tag? Why would I use that?
Tags help you to organize your contact list. It can help you to group the people participating in this campaign by adding a "tag" to their profile details. For example - you may create a tag group for this campaign. Tagging everyone who joins this campaign as soon as they join lets you track the progress only of people in this campaign because they have this unique tag in their profile.
What is a Webhook? Why would I use a Webhook?
A webhook literally hooks one application with another. It allows you to share data between applications and can be a very powerful tool. An example might be adding people to your email CRM as soon as they join a course or campaign. This could allow you to reach out to them with other messaging, blog posts, or marketing emails, even after they complete the course.
Other Sections >>